Role: Business Development Manager
Reports to: COO & CEO
Team: Guardians of Sparkline
We are a boutique digital analytics company that consults with Fortune 500 businesses, our mantra is to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our Client’s business. We help big businesses use data to understand their customer’s behaviour, derive insights to optimize online experiences and drive profitability from their digital channels.
We are flat in structure, lean in size and yet mighty in our goals and achievements! We often refer to ourselves as the ‘Independent to beat’ within our Industry, we are immensely proud of who we are….who we all are.
We hire people who are passionate, ready to roll up their sleeves and move at lightning pace to get the job done, to fail fast yet learn faster and to accelerate the growth of our clients and our business and its people.
OUR DNA & OUR CULTURE!
For data/digital and the value it brings to both consumers and businesses.
To become a value based partner (not vendor), and deliver above and beyond customer expectations.
To fail fast, with integrity, good intent and transparency
Explore the possibilities and the opportunities for the information you are given. Ask business questions, be hungry for the information that delivers value to Sparkline customers and helps to grow their businesses.
To see beyond the answer and understand ways in which businesses can use insights in a variety of ways to reach potential customers more effectively.
Charles Darwin said; ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those that can best manage change’.
Our Business Development Manager will manage the client engagement, contract deliverables and planning whilst delivering reports, insights and strategic guidance. We need an enthusiastic and clear communicator, an independent thinker and a customer centric individual who is capable of multitasking. You will also be tasked to look at new client
prospects in the market and develop these into viable sales opportunities, thus helping to create new projects for our Delivery team to service.
Partnering with the Business Owner and Head of Business Operations you will translate the client’s requirements into a comprehensive project plan which you will own. As the client evangelist, you will provide clarity and visibility for the internal teams to ensure all milestones are understood and achieved. Using your strong client relationships you will help colleagues
build effective relationships at every level within the client’s organisation to promote Sparkline’s value across their business. Reporting line will be direct to the Business Owner and COO in Singapore.
Sounds like an exciting opportunity right? It is, for the right person, you will need to be a reputable problem solver. You will use your big picture ideas and effective communication skills to help the team remove roadblocks to success. Possessing knowledge and passion for the digital space, you will be in a position to understand the client’s landscape and potential problems to solve. You will be able to anticipate, address and escalate any client issues to ensure the client and Sparkline’s management team are aware. In turn, this unique perspective will allow you to identify new areas of interest and value added opportunities to expand our relationship with the customer.
You will establish yourself as a recognised Business Partner and Sales Lead with an in-depth knowledge of your client’s business utilising your strong commercial and prior sales experience to expand and grow opportunities with new and existing clients.
YOU WILL BRING:
● At least 5+ years experience in a Key Account Management or Business Development is essential and preferably across a Digital domain
● Ideal experience would be 3+ years exposure in a consulting firm, publisher or media buying agency
● Prior sales-related/commercially focused experience is essential to success in this role
● A distinct advantage to the role would be past exposure to digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles.
● Knowledge of the main channels of online acquisition: search engines (SEO, SEM, bid-management tools), display, email marketing, e-commerce, social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc..) AdExchange, mobile Internet, smartphones applications or tablets, etc..
● Excellent verbal, written and visualization skills are a must. Able to create, concise, professional documents and comfortable presenting analysis and insights to stakeholders and clients at all levels.
● Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation; flexible and nimble in terms of work planning and able to think on your feet to resolve issues.
● A capable brand ambassador for Sparkline. An energetic self-starter, excited about the opportunity to make this role their own.
● A team player with a proven track record engaging cross-functional teams to go above and beyond.
● A ‘can do’ work ethic and enthusiasm for continuous learning in the digital space.