Circles.Life revolutionizes the digital services industry by giving power back to our customers. Born in Singapore as Asia’s first and most successful digital mobile services, our services have been rapidly gaining market share since our 2016 launch, while delivering best-in-class customer experience. We are owning the market in innovation, customer happiness and growth.
Looking ahead, Circles.Life plans to further leverage its telco technology, including a new digital data platform to create more lifestyle products. Discover Events and Movies, both AI-driven features, are the first couple of many more.
We are so committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and diversity and inclusion for all employees, we even attained pledges for Be Inclusive and adopted Tripartite Standards for Fair Recruitment Practices.
Do you want to own your career growth while learning and operating in a hyper-growth company, and be part of a team building disruptive technology for the digital services market? Are you passionate about being part of a fun, ambitious team that thrives in an entrepreneurial tech environment?
If the answer is YES, read on to find out more!
Circles.Life is looking for a Data Engineer (Data Platform) who possess superior analytical skills, energy, drive and attention to details. Do “unstructured,” “semi-structured,” and “structured” sounds like the type of environments you like to work in? The ideal candidate will be a team player with a forward-thinking mindset, ability and confidence to challenge the status quo to define future visions.
As a member of the Data Platform team, you’ll be given a unique opportunity to work with high impact projects and interact directly with senior leadership. Being the first fully digital telco in Asia, Circles.Life can also provide you access to one of the largest data sets in the region to work with. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and organizing big data as well as management reporting duties.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities include:
- Own - All Things Data.
- Design, develop and implement Big Data platforms using Cloud architecture ● Setting up a central data platform where all our data will feed in
- Setting up tools for capturing data from various sources into the central data warehouse ● Utilize state-of-the-art methods for data processing & analysis.
- Working with open source tech
- 1 ~ 3 years of relevant experience with excellent coding skills in (Python, Java or Scala) ● Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant industry experience or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge with Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Hive/Pig, and Java/MapReduce), tuning, troubleshooting and scaling these big data technologies, where having a curiosity with the internal workings of these systems is key to being successful.
- Experience with SQL Database and NoSQL databases, such as Snowfalke, CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
- Working experience in data ingestion pipelines (sqoop)
- Working experience in Bash and Linux Environments
- Exposure in building real-time processing pipelines using Spark-streaming or Flink
- Exposure to data and machine learning services from Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Google Cloud a plus
- Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience in Data Warehouse solutions like Redshift, Snowflake
- Exposure to data visualization tools a plus (Tableau, Looker, Metabase etc.)