A business analyst plays an important role in the software development cycle, gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as the solution architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems.
In addition to guiding development teams, a business analyst is frequently responsible for conducting research on existing systems and devising solutions that work within those systems.
The business analyst may also meet directly with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The business analyst’s job focuses on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Analyzing technology environment
- Analyzing enterprise specific needs
- Analyzing requirements
- Setting the collaboration framework
- Creating a solution prototype
- Participating in technology selection
- Solution development control
- Project management support
- Support business development and sales functions
- At least 10 years of working experience in one or multiple IT areas
- IT infrastructure and cloud development
- Engineering and software architecture design
- Application and network security design
- Business analysis
- Project and product management
- Good Bachelor degree in computer science/engineering OR equivalent education.
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep analytic skills
- Project and resource management skills
- Work collaboratively
- Influence and negotiate