Roles and Responsibilities
1. Drive the preparation of the project scoping and initiative document. Collate information and present on the business case; obtain the necessary approvals to proceed with the project.
2. Work with the project delivery team, delivery partners and stakeholders across business and technology lines and functions from Front, Middle and Back Office departments / teams.
3. Delivery of the project scope towards the objectives set by the Project Sponsor and Project Steering Committee in accordance implementation timelines and within the approved project budget.
4. Work across business and technology lines and functions to define, analyse and lead improvements to business processes and procedures in line with best practice, regulatory and legal compliance.
5. Engage cross-functional delivery teams and stakeholders across business and supporting units throughout the various stages of projects, including but not limited to:
a. Facilitation of requirements gathering workshops,
b. Design specification,
c. Defining target operating models,
d. Identifying and facilitating user training,
e. Coordinating user acceptance testing,
f. Conducting dress rehearsals,
g. Managing parallel runs,
h. Managing live-production rollouts
i. Following up on post-go-live stabilization.
6. Manage project implementation risk and facilitate the removal of project blockers. Where necessary, mediate and facilitate the resolution of conflicts.
7. Produce and maintain key project documentation throughout the project lifecycle such as project implementation plans, status reports, risk and issue logs etc).
8. Produce accurate, detailed and timely reports / presentations on project milestones and status updates, items for management decision or escalation. Present such reports to the Project Steering Committees and Senior Management.
9. Coordinate various platform level activities
• Organise Project Governance Board (PGB) meetings
• Produce PGB materials
• Budget for individual projects and at platform level
10. Ad hoc tasks as instructed by line manager.
1. Possess at least 5 -7 years of experience in managing large-scale regional projects, preferably in a large global bank or financial institution. Held roles which were accountable for all end-to-end matters of the project.
2. Familiar in managing internal application users and working with technology partners, engaging senior stakeholders and external service providers.
3. Certification in project management and/or Agile (Product Owner or Scrum Master) methodologies would be advantageous.
4. Confident in presenting to senior management and a mass audience, with good articulation and strong influencing and negotiation capabilities.
5. Excellent interpersonal and verbal / writing skills.
6. Solutions and results orientated with the ability to engage multiple initiatives / workstreams simultaneously.
7. Self-starter, with tenacity to succeed and able to drive a cross-functional project delivery team and work with people from all cultures and organizational levels.
8. Mandatory proficiency with all standard office applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).