System Monitoring Engineer/Administrator will administer and manage our monitoring/job management tool. This position will work closely with Infrastructure, Application, Network and Security teams to gather monitoring/job scheduling information.
· Grow and improve the enterprise monitoring environment by setting up monitoring & working out on scripts
· Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, additional use cases and in setting up monitoring items and jobs.
· Involve in Administration, Architecture, Agent management, dashboard, reports and alerts for monitoring & Job management tools
· Assist with system upgrade planning and execution.
· Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the platform and future products.
· Monitor and maintain monitoring/ job management tool performance, availability, and capacity
· Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes.
· Apart from the above he/she may need to support other systems e.g.ID mgmt., ITSM, data collection and automation tools etc.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience with any monitoring tool
· Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
· Knowledge of regular expressions
· Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
· Experience with Python, PHP, Apache Web Services and Yaml
· Experience with programming a plus
· Experience with any of the SQL database.
· Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
· Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
· Participate in user acceptance testing efforts as needed.
· Basic knowledge on Zabbix, JP1 Job scheduler, Cyberark, Ansible, Splunk preferable.