What the role is
The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore's raison d'etre is to develop the air hub and aviation industry in Singapore, expanding Singapore's links to the rest of the world. We enable opportunities through aviation, making connections, opening doors and enabling choices in people's lives.
The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) was established in 1958 as the training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). It implements training programmes for local and international aviation professionals.The Academy strives to stay at the forefront of developments by forging alliances with reputable aviation organisations and institutions worldwide. There are 4 schools in SAA, namely, the School of Aviation Management, School of Aviation Safety & Security, School of Air Traffic Services, and School of Airport Emergency Services. SAA is undergoing a transformation of andragogy and learning spaces, and is looking for passionate individuals to join us in raising the quality and delivery of aviation training.
What you will be working on
As part of the Training Excellence (TE) Section at SAA, you will:
• lead online courseware development projects through the entire lifecycle: analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
• conduct research and benchmarking exercise on latest trends in learning technology, and make recommendations to stakeholders
• provide pedagogical advice and partner with subject matter experts, course developers and instructors to implement digital learning solutions in enhancing teaching and learning
• monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of existing and new learning technologies
• manage administrative and technical processes for learning technologies
• provide training and support to internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of learning technologies
• procure and manage vendors providing technology solutions
• implement LMS solutions and manage its administrative functions
• support the management and operations of course delivery to ensure optimal learning experience
What we are looking for
• At least 2 years of adult learning / courseware / curriculum development and instructional design experience, or
• At least 2 years of training experience in a training or educational setting
• Certification in education / instructional design / training / courseware development would be advantageous
• Knowledge of content authoring tools such as Articulate, iSpring, etc.
• Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, resourceful, a good team player and able to multi-task
*Note: SAA is located at 1 Aviation Drive, Singapore 499867 (near Changi Village)
Note: Your appointment designation will commensurate with your relevant work experience. Successful candidates will be offered a 3-year contract in the first instance, and may be considered for placement on a permanent tenure or subsequent contract renewal.