What the role is:
As a manager/senior manager (Corporate Communications), you will be an integral part of the CAAS Corporate Communications (CC) team. The CC team oversees and drives the strategic storytelling process, with the objective of strengthening CAAS’ position as the aviation sector champion and regulatory authority. A core part of this role is to proactively curate empowering narratives that helps to increase awareness and understanding of CAAS policies and initiatives as well as to enhance stakeholder engagement to build greater trust in CAAS.
Taking an integrated communications approach, the role will include working with mainstream media, online media, and social media.
What you will be working on:
You will be required to perform multi-disciplinary duties which may include the following areas: strategic communications, messaging development, copywriting and editorial support, website content management, employee communications, media monitoring, crisis communication and issues management, sense-making and data analysis, corporate branding, events management, multi-media collateral development, vendor management and budget management.
A key responsibility of CAAS Communications Officers is to work with key policy and regulatory teams as trusted business partners. You are required to actively participate in meetings with senior management and project teams, offering communication advice to functional leaders to achieve desired communication outcomes. For example, propose communication strategy considerations, appropriate communication actions, and recommendations on content, channels, spokespersons and appropriate timing of communication actions.
Working in a fast-pace dynamic environment, you must be agile and responsive to the needs of our internal/external stakeholders. You must be able to work efficiently and effectively with multiple stakeholders to develop, plan and execute impactful communication strategies and initiatives under tight timelines at times.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant Professional Experience. Preferably in mass communication, journalism, arts, or languages.
• Good understanding of integrated communications. Prior knowledge and experience in multi-channel communications including mainstream media, social media, from traditional to digital media platforms preferred. Good understanding and knowledge of digital media trends and tools will be an advantage.
• Content development experience. Experience developing and creating wide range of communications material for different purposes. Experience in videography/video editing skills, photography and design graphics will be an added advantage.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate confidently with senior management and industry stakeholders with a clarity of thought. Must have good writing skills with ability to frame and package complex issues into simple narratives that is easily understood by different stakeholders.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual. Must be a highly organized pro-active professional who is able to see the “big picture” and has a track record in working efficiently and effectively under pressure with a high degree of accuracy. Possess strong project management skills, resourcefulness and is results-oriented.
• Strong collaboration skills. A team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross functional teams. Proven track record in relationship management.
• Robust analytical skills. Possess good analytical skills to provide sound communication assessment and judgement to develop impactful communication strategies.
• Crisis Communications. Experience in crisis communications will be an added advantage.
Note: Your appointment designation will commensurate with your relevant work experience. Successful candidates will be offered a 3-year contract in the first instance, and may be considered for placement on a permanent tenure or subsequent contract renewal.