About the company
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the role
The Data Analyst is responsible for helping teams where necessary with their data needs, and help improve the organizational data maturity.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with other leaders across the StaffAny team like Finance, Sales, Product, Marketing, Customer Success to help with standardizing, capturing, automating, and implementing their performance indicators. You’ll be exposed to data across a range of sources, from ﬁnancial and revenue data to product-speciﬁc data. You’ll grow your technical and business knowledge across the spectrum as you take on challenging projects with hard-to-quantify data or goals. Eventually, you will have the chance to drive cross-functional company initiatives by analyzing data across different functional sources and discovering insights.
As you will be our ﬁrst data-focused hire, you will have the opportunity to lead the data maturity push in our team by improving data quality, and empowering other team members to make more data-driven decisions. You might be aspiring to eventually lead a data team as part of your career plans, and the breadth and depth of exposure to data processes, tooling, and work in this stint would put you in a good position to do so.
- Someone who can develop an appreciation for our business requirements
- Someone who can clearly and concisely communicate complex business logic, technical requirements, and design recommendations
- Fluent in SQL within analytical data warehouses (we use Bigquery) and in business intelligence tools (we use Metabase)
- Passionate about data, analytics, and automation. Bonus if you have experience cleaning and modeling large quantities of raw, disorganized data (we use dbt) - Able to communicate and collaborate with different teams that you are not embedded in
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Experience in working with our data sources is a huge plus (Hubspot, Intercom, Segment, Stripe, and many others)
- Prior experience in an analytics role, or equivalent education
You will ﬁnd yourself
- Collaborating with functions across the company (especially our Product Managers) to understand qualitative business requirements and translate them to quantitative, measurable goals
- Designing and implementing methods to collect data, clean data, and build out reports and dashboards to help different functions hit their goals
- Develop and maintain our data pipeline, with an emphasis on scalability and maintainability
- Extend our data warehouse with relevant data models, and coverage of data quality tests for our data models
- Understand and document the full lifecycle of data in our Data Catalog so data can be efﬁciently integrated, modeled, and analyzed
- Developing and iterating on processes and workﬂows to help us maintain high-quality data and reporting
- Assisting with driving cross-functional alignment through deﬁning and consolidating the team’s data across different sources into a single source of truth
- Working with the team to strike a good balance between executing on urgent business metrics, while building a good data process and foundation for future growth
- Priorities for this role will be set by the CPO, but this function will collaborate with the Engineering team.
Potential Performance Indicators
- Number of dashboards and performance indicators maintained by the data team that the team relies on
- Data features provided that help to drive our data maturity and improve our data capabilities
- The business impact of executing on the insights surfaced from the data team
- The opportunity to drive actualized impact through data, across all functions in the team
- The opportunity to set up data processes and shape the data function, and if you do well, eventually lead the data team - Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense, and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment