Job Purpose and Impact
The Data Product Manager will use your domain expertise to evolve data strategy and vision to continuously enhance business units' business intelligence maturity. In this role you will partner with various functions to optimize data management process. You will also work as a data specialist/gatekeeper of business intelligence platform.
- Serve a key role in the development of data strategy and vision.
- Implement various business intelligence projects, provide data solutions to business goals, devise business processes to acquire datasets into business intelligence platform and deliver appropriate data products to end users.
- Answer ad-hoc queries on datasets and manage data source intakes as the data domain specialist of business intelligence platform.
- Champion continuous improvement to business intelligence platform, by addressing data quality root cause, encouraging end users to self-serve, analyzing business requests, and implementing the changes.
- Coach users to assess and analyze data via various data tools.
- Maintain data pipelines and architecture by providing sustainable training of new data source intakes and business logic updated within business intelligence team.
- Encourage visibility and re-usability of data by co-owning meta-data cataloging with users and technical teams.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience in data modeling and big data technologies
- Experience in using Business Intelligence and data visualization tools like PowerBI / Tableau to develop dashboards
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of eight years experience in managing data or data warehousing systems
- Experience in data engineering and data science
- Experience in extract transform load automation, and open-source programming languages for statistical analysis and data science.
- Experience in developing hybrid business intelligence operational model for organizations