From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
South East Asia includes some of the fastest growing markets in Asia Pacific and we have the ambition to be the most respected premium alcohol beverage player in all the markets in which we operate, with undisputed leadership in our premium and core brands and an appetite to launch new products at scale. We have a passionate team which celebrates diversity and navigating through the markets with them will challenge you to be the best that you can be.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
You are an authority in data engineering and analytics and will be an evangelist for the power of data to become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders in SE Asia, help catalyse their thinking about what’s possible, identify substantial insights from structured and unstructured data sources. You will build, interpret and communicate insights from analysis and experiments to drive top line growth, consumer experiences and optimise decision-making to accelerate our growth in the region.
The Diageo SE Asia Finance team is a core influencer of revenue growth in the region, bridging financials, business intelligence and commercial insights to unlock growth opportunities in the region. The analytics role will sit within the Finance Revenue Management and work closely with Commercial and Marketing functions to unlock revenue growth opportunities in the region.
About the Role
As part of the core SE Asia team, you will work closely with Finance, Commercial and Marketing leaders to build an analytics engine that strengthens our competitive advantage. You will have a unique opportunity to play a key role in advancing the power of analytics throughout Diageo in South East Asia, in a culture that celebrates inclusion and encourages an ownership mindset.
- As a key member of the SEA regional team, play a significant role in shaping SEA analytics culture.
- Own multiple work streams related to business intelligence projects, translating complex business requests to meaningful dashboards with the application of advanced analytics methods.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to leverage our unique data to predict, understand and solve business problems.
- Execute projects on data cleansing, data analysis and visualization.
- Synthesize and package complex analyses, making them understandable across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with business team to interpret trends or patterns in the collected data set.
- Collaborate with key partners to understand, capture, and shape requirements for reports and interactive dashboards that enable data-driven decision-making.
- Collect structured and unstructured data from multiple sources in Sales, Marketing, and Finance databases to create integrated views for decision making.
- Automate manual reporting processes using advanced Microsoft applications (PowerBI, Azure, etc.)
- Design, automate and maintain mission-critical dashboards using PowerBI.
- Participate in building and continuously improving the data architecture, data integrity, dashboards and enterprise data warehouse.
- Work with Digital & Technology teams, as needed.
- This would be the right role if you are passionate with a hands-on approach in applying advanced data analytics methods with a business lens.
- At least 5 years of experience in data engineering, analytics, and visualization.
- Ability to perform complex analysis to solve business problems and data modelling recommendations for report views, using structured and unstructured data.
- Hands on experience in solving advanced analytics use cases such as segmentation, forecasting, market basket analysis, optimisation, key driver/causal analysis, recommendation systems, up-sell cross-sell, predictive modelling, etc.
- Both theoretical & hands-on knowledge of applying relevant analytics methodologies such as: Clustering, Time Series Forecasting, Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Linear & Non-Linear Optimisation, etc.
- Advanced skills in core programming and statistical applications (e.g. Python, Advanced SQL, R).
- Advanced skills in Excel/ Advanced SQL, Azure, PowerBI - data modelling, DAX, visualization, etc.
- Experience in building data analytics or business intelligence at FMCG, Retail or Ecommerce businesses is a plus.
- Understand drivers of performance in consumer-focused businesses (FMCG, ecommerce, Retail) – volume, price, mix, distribution, share, top-line and bottom-line, etc.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything