Girl Guides Singapore (GGS) is a movement and social service agency which aims to develop young girls and young women to their fullest potential. We are looking for a highly skilled Executive Director (ED) to help us fulfill this important undertaking.
Reporting to the GGS Council and EXCO, the ED will lead the delivery of the GGS strategic plan and intent through the effective management and development of a high performance team. As the principal point of contact and accountable officer for all aspects of business of the GGS Secretariat, the ED will oversee fund raising, grant management, organisational performance delivering sustainable development of GGS, and represent GGS effectively to all internal and external stakeholders.
Prior experience managing and hiring staff is essential, and established relationships with local community groups is a plus. Above all, the ED must be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decisiveness.
Your responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
● Strategic Leadership, Planning & Control : working closely with the GGS Council and EXCO on strategy development, targets and KPIs and providing insight and providing insight and vision to align all strategies, resources, values and operational plans.
● Governance & Finance Management : oversee financial reporting, ensuring prudence in grant-raising and grant management, maintaining an overall framework of internal standards, policies and procedures to manage risk such that GGS performs at an optimal level
● Organisational Performance : ensure GGS resources are deployed appropriately and that services to members and partners/stakeholders meets GGS strategic objectives.
● Leadership & Management : be the lead officer for all HR related matters, ensure close collaboration and synergy between various departments of the Secretariat and build a positive, respectful and collegial organisation culture between Staff, Commissioners, Council Members and volunteers.
● Support & Nurture Productive Relationships : develop, leverage and manage appropriate and effective partnerships with stakeholders, and maintain highly effective working relationships with the Council and EXCO.
● Advocacy, Communication, Promotion & Relationships : optimise effective communications to members, participants and partner/stakeholders. Act as a positive role model, ambassador and advocate for GGS and the Guiding movement.
Skills and qualifications
● 5+ years of senior management experiences, preferably with a non-profit organisation
● Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience
● Knowledge of leadership and management principles related to non-profit
● Proven success with working with multiple and diverse stakeholders
● Entrepreneurial / strategic mindset, with innovative approach to business planning
● Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organisation
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project management skills.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or finance
● Experience in managing budgets
● Work location: Bishan (walking distance from Bishan MRT)
● Office hours: 8.30 AM - 5.30PM (Tue to Fri); 8.30AM - 5.00PM (Sat)