Job Title: Junior Technical Writer
Department: Information Development
Reports To: Senior Technical Writer
Summary of Role
V-Key is one of the world’s leading deep-tech companies in mobile cyber-security. Our patented technology V-OS has been deployed by top banks, mobile payment providers, and governments to secure software solutions and protect more than 100 million users globally.
We are rapidly expanding into new markets and new customer segments. Apart from securing digital transactions for everyone, we are also enabling new generation technology by providing the cyber-security infrastructure for banking, government and smart homes, among many others.
At V-Key, we are building towards a future where technology users can enjoy unprecedented security and convenience.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Writer as part of the Information Development team. Your primary focus will be to produce technical documentation and communications (internal and external facing articles, blurbs, white papers, etc.) and maintain the company’s documentation center.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather software changes and prepare Software Release Notes for software release
• Update product documentation based on software changes and feature introduction
• Gather documentation requirements from relevant stakeholders and departments
• Identify all existing documentation areas that requires improvement
• Identify new documentation areas that are required
• Produce or edit the identified technical documents according to the product release plan
• Ensure the contents on the Documentation Center is up-to-date
• Penultimate year students pursuing bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 2+ years’ experience as a technical writer
• Ability to produce coherent, well-structured technical documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences, with a meticulous focus on detail
• Ability to understand complex technical concepts and articulate them simply and intuitively
• Ability to architect and manage a sensible information architecture
• Project management, tracking, and reporting skills
• Excellent command of English
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Familiarity with various typesetting and publishing systems (e.g. Markdown)
• Experience with backend mobile application development a plus
• Familiarity with Git and Git Flow a plus
• Familiarity with web publishing and content management a plus
• A strong self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills