We are looking for dynamic, purpose-driven individuals with a passion for technology and who see government as an advocate for the tech industry and its workers. We want people who are creative and collaborative problem solvers, effective communicators, and who thrive in complex environments. Prior policy experience in Government, or relevant tech industry experience, is preferred.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Develop and drive Singapore’s ICM industry development through industry analysis, policy making and implementation, in close collaboration with IMDA, CSA, and other relevant economic stakeholders. This ranges from ecosystem and enterprise development, to investing in digital innovation, and growing jobs and skills opportunities.
- Work across other parts of Government to translate growth in the Digital Economy for value creation and good jobs, while managing trade-offs in the security and social domains.
- Strategically review the budgets and programmes for Digital Economy initiatives delivered by our statutory boards.
- Nurture a small and effective team to deliver on MCI’s outcomes.
You might be interested in this job if you:
- Are a self-starter, challenge-oriented and outcomes-driven, especially when confronted with complex issues and multiple stakeholders
- Have expertise in economic and tech development, and enjoy working on solutions that have a broad systemic impact
- Want to contribute to the Government’s role in the Digital Economy, with a natural bias towards experimentation and innovation
- Love to be a part of an open, learning and collaborative team
* Degree holders in STEM or Economics, or demonstrated interest in the tech industry, but more importantly have diverse interests with a desire to provide complementarity to the team
* At least 5 years of relevant experience. Previous supervisory experience a bonus.
* Strong analytical, evaluating and synthesizing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken form
* Strong leadership and inter-personal skills