Pavilion Energy Group of Companies
Pavilion Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek. Headquartered in Singapore, our global energy business encompasses natural gas supply and marketing activities in South-East Asia and Europe; and global LNG trading, shipping and optimisation; as well as energy hedging and financial solutions. At Pavilion Energy, we constantly look out for motivated and well-qualified people who share our vision and values. We provide opportunities for employees to take ownership of their career growth and broaden their skills set. We value people who are agile, open to change and keen to make a difference. We believe in recruiting and retaining individuals who have the passion, professional and interpersonal skills to help us achieve our aspirations.
Section A: Summary of Job
The role focuses on timely and accurate P&L control and reporting to Management and the respective Trading desks, covering physical commodities and derivatives.
Section B: Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Control, validation, analysis and explanation of daily, weekly and monthly P&L and exposure reports to Management and the respective Trading desks.
• Validation of all physical commodity and derivative deal entries to ensure accurate capture into the ETRM system by the Trading desks.
• Analysis and explanation of P&L to management in terms of trading activity, key MTM drivers from market curves and basis spreads, profit attribution analysis – decomposition by risk factors, e.g. Day 1, Cancellation / Amendments, Time, Price, FX, IR, Volatility, etc.
• Review, analysis and explanation of variances between Trader flash and actual P&L.
• Setup and maintenance of related static data in ETRM system, while also ensuring complex pricing elements of products and inventory are appropriately tested before inputting into system.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to monitor and report breaches of trading limits and trader mandates.
• Support Finance in month-end financial closing processes.
• Utilize quantitative skillsets in providing P&L analytics to various stakeholders for reporting to management etc.
• Ability to independently handle complex situations or escalating to relevant personnel when required.
• Participate in new projects relating to new product / reporting setup, ETRM improvement testing etc.
• Any other ad-hoc projects assigned from time to time
Section C: Job Requirements (Specific Skills or Knowledge)
• Degree level education, preferably in a numerate discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of Middle Office, Product Control or Financial Control working experience, preferably in oil and gas or financial industry. Candidates with more years of experience may be considered for a Senior Analyst role.
• Good understanding / experience in LNG products, both physical and derivatives preferred.
• Strong computer skills (Office, Excel, VBA).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to interact and influence across levels and functions within an organization.
• Able to work effectively in a team setting.