Position Summary / Project Description
Replacement of Sankara under Block Funding.
Role and Responsibilities
Data Scientist – Team Lead
We are expanding our strong data science team and are looking for talented AI practitioner with applied experience in the fields of Machine Learning and deep learning to join us. This role is best suited for candidate that is interested in developing new AI application that has a direct and immense, real-world healthcare impact.
You need to have a deep passion for analyzing and resolving healthcare problems. You displays an intellectual curiosity about the business needs as well as the capability to engage with stakeholders to understand business issues.
Critical Work Functions and Key Tasks
+ Analyse data
* Scope out problem definition and hypothesis for analysis
* Develop machine learning models for both supervised and unsupervised learning cases
* Design experiments to test data assumptions
* Evaluate experiment outcomes to draw actionable conclusions
* Deploy data models across different channels and customer platforms
+ Collaborative work
* Partner with stakeholders to translate business problems into data science projects
* Develop strategies to identify, acquire and use appropriate data sets to develop practical solutions and support decision making
* Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the industry
+ Present insights
* Synthesise findings into actionable insights
* Apply data analysis, data mining and data processing to present data clearly
* Provide rationale, business cases and ROI models to support investment
+ Oversee data analytics projects
* Take a lead role in complex projects for activities such as effort estimation, code reviews and retrospectives
* Plan the development of analytical solutions from initial design through to implementation, prototyping and testing
* Break down problems to recompose them in ways that are solvable
* Ensure projects are delivered according to agreed outcomes with users
+ Build analytics capability
* Lead and mentor junior data scientists and analysts
* Develop team capabilities in machine learning, deep learning, statistical modelling, and other computational approaches to extract insights from data.
* Build domain expertise to improve ability to match analytics solution which brings the most value
* Develop a repository of best practices
Requirements / Qualifications
(AI Data Scientist)
PhD or Masters in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Physics, Engineering, Finance or equivalent
Good experience with Python or R is required
Good experience with Deep learning framework e.g. Tensorflow, keras, Pytorch is preferred
Good experience with SQL and/or NoSQL is required
Preferably 5 years of relevant working experience with prior team leadership experience.
Proven communication skill to explain insights from technical work to non-technical audience through presentation or other means