Role : Senior Data Analyst (Team Lead)
Reports to: Head of Delivery
Team: Lit Squad
At Sparkline, we’re not interested in being ‘the smartest guy in the room’! We want to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our client’s business. We are a small team and at our strongest when we leverage each other’s strengths. We roll up our sleeves and move at lightning pace to get the job done!
As a boutique digital analytics company that consults with Fortune 500 businesses, our mantra is to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our Client’s business. We help big businesses use data to understand their customer’s behaviour, derive insights to optimize online experiences and drive profitability from their digital channels.
Given our size and flat organizational structure, you will get opportunities to be involved in decisions and issues that will impact the business and our clients, you will have the chance to build a winning analytics team and add significant value to the delivery of our Regional Projects.
OUR DNA & OUR CULTURE!
For data/digital and the value it brings to both consumers and businesses.
To become a value based partner (not vendor), and deliver above and beyond customer expectations.
To fail fast, with integrity, good intent and transparency
Explore the possibilities and the opportunities for the information you are given. Ask business questions, be hungry for the information that delivers value to Sparkline customers and helps to grow their businesses.
To see beyond the answer and understand ways in which businesses can use insights in a variety of ways to reach potential customers more effectively.
Charles Darwin said; ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those that can best manage change’.
As a senior member of the team you’ll leverage your consultancy know-how and partner with the Business Development Team, qualifying business opportunities using innovative analytics solutions to real business problems.
As a passionate storyteller you present your insights in the form of a narrative. You’ll get to lead whiteboard sessions, share solution proposals, deliver presentations and run training sessions for colleagues and Clients alike. Cool right?!
Throughout the day you are hands-on with the team, digging into analyzing data sets and reviewing external resources, allowing you to identify opportunities and recommendations for your Client. Why can you do this? Because you are adaptable to ambiguity and not having all the pieces of the puzzle in front of you. In fact, you prefer to piece this puzzle for your Client and share your insights!
You spend some of your time being a coach and mentor for the Analyst Team, helping them ideate beyond the immediate deliverables to provide creative solutions. Using your experience leading team meetings and think tank sessions as well as delivering presentations and training sessions, you will be able to use different approaches to grow the bench strength
of the team. Being commercially minded, you will work with the team to identify opportunities to drive efficiency and scale in all that we do.
● You are independent but collaborative, you work across functional teams.
● You are creative and entrepreneurial, capable of proposing solutions based on your analysis of clients' needs.
● You are more interested in iterating towards improvements and not fixated on perfection
● You are a leader with vision, who's comfortable being a mentor to a small team of analysts.
YOU WILL BRING
● Advanced working SQL knowledge (Experience with BigQuery or Postgresql preferred)
● Experience working with Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure)
● 5 years in Digital Marketing/ Data Analytics Role
● At least 3-5 Years working with analytics and tag management solutions, specifically adobe and GA suite
● Exposure across Verticals of business that would be deemed ‘digital first’ would be ideal with a clear understanding of the complexities of Digital Customer Journeys
● Google Sheet + App Script or Excel + VBA: 2 years in data manipulation or cleansing
● Strong working knowledge in BI/Visualisation tools such as Data studio/ Power BI / Tableau
● Strong interest or basic knowledge of programming languages (Python/ R)
● Broad knowledge of the MarTech landscape and expertise in the main channels of online acquisition, related technologies and analytics tools; Advertising (Search Engines, SEO, SEM, Bid-management Tools, AdExchange etc), Marketing (Display,
Content, Email etc), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc), eCommerce.
● Prior experience in consulting is a bonus, to be able to offer clients clear insights into their data with a commercial lens to understand the business impact/opportunities
● A level of Leadership and/or mentorship experience is essential to the success of building and supporting the growth of our Analytics and Delivery team at Sparkline
● Ability to motivate a curious and inquisitive mindset within our team and the skills to foster and grow the talent from within will be key to the success of our Senior Analyst