Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Data Scientist / Data Scientist will work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to develop complex proof of concepts, minimum viable products and fully deployable solutions. In this role, you will create complex predictive and optimization models that help deliver significant value to our businesses and functions.
- Continuously seek out best practices and develop skills.
- Work on multidisciplinary teams of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to deliver complex projects on time and within budgets.
- Translate ambiguous and complex business problems into project charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
- Take ownership for the entire data science workflow including well defined, complex project scoping, exploratory data analysis, model development, deployment and monitoring.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, math, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed ability to document and present to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Strong python programming skills
- Experience in a minimum of two machine learning algorithms approaches: unsupervised, supervised and reinforcement learning
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- PhD in a quantitative field with more than 5 years of working experience will be considered for the senior data scientist role.
- For the Data Scientist role ideally more than two years of related work experience
- Basic UI/UX skills using Python Flask/Django, Python Dash or similar.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with UNIX environment.
- Experience with extracting insights from time series data, textual data or other unstructured datasets.
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience working with setting up ETL pipeline and model in production using AWS
- Experience in software development environment and code management or versioning
- Experience in delivering projects using the agile scrum framework in a fast-paced environment with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience delivering solutions using diverse techniques spanning deep learning, NLP, statistical modeling, to linear programming.
- Experience working with commodity company is ideal but not required.