Job Title: Server Software Engineer
Department: Product Engineering
Reports To: Chapter Lead
Summary of Role
V-Key is one of the world’s leading deep-tech companies in mobile cyber-security. Our patented technology V-OS has been deployed by top banks, mobile payment providers, and governments to secure software solutions and protect more than 100 million users globally.
We are rapidly expanding into new markets and new customer segments. Apart from securing digital transactions for everyone, we are also enabling new generation technology by providing the cyber-security infrastructure for banking, government and smart homes, among many others.
At V-Key, we are building towards a future where technology users can enjoy unprecedented security and convenience.
We are looking for a Server Software Engineer as part of the Engineering Department. Your primary focus will be to develop new product features and provide our customers with Level 2/Level 3 support to handle day-to-day issues, deploy and integrate V-Key’s products in their solution designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop cutting edge features/product line for V-Key
• Write high quality code in terms of functionality, modularity, security and compatibility
• Code highly concurrent, efficient and scalable public APIs for user base in the range of multi-millions
• Close coordination with Product Owners and Chapter Leads on timelines and expected delivery milestones of the user stories/features
• Keeping on top of new technologies & techniques and evaluate them to improve overall engineering practices
• For on-premise model, deploy V-Key’s products within customer’s backend ecosystem and provide on-site support to customers when needed
• Act as L2/L3 support and work with customer support team on issues related to V-Key products
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions using Root Cause Analysis for reported issues
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (ie. internal product development, QA, Customer support and Customer Technical team) to resolve incidents and problems
• Be involved in customer assets generation operation
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent
• Mininum 3 years of experience as a Java Developer/Software Engineer
• Working experience in Java Application Stack – Core Java/ RESTful Web Services
• Experience with Spring boot and Spring Cloud microservices framework and design patterns
• Experience on application servers such as JBOSS, Weblogic, and Tomcat (at least one of them)
• Experience with RDBMS databases such as MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle (at least 1 one of them) and ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
• Working knowledge of Amazon’s AWS, Microsoft’s Azure and Google’s GCP, RabbitMQ, Docker/K8S, ReactJS would be a strong advantage
• Prior experience in cyber security is a plus
• Working experience in banking / financial sector is an added advantage
• A strong self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills in English
• Able to place a high value on product/solution’s security.