Singapore Management University
• Initiate, conceptualise, analyze, design, develop and maintain enterprise corporate analytics and reporting initiatives and solutions that provide actionable insights leading to greatest opportunities for SMU.
• Reaching out to and collaborating with business to identify descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics needs and opportunities so as to empower data-driven action plans and decisions.
• Develop and implement Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) models and solutions, both in the cloud and on-premise, to solve business problems and derive business insights.
• Mine, analyze, map and harmonize data across different source systems, perform data wrangling techniques and assess data accuracy, and setup data for the respective predictive and prescriptive analysis.
• Play a project lead role for in-house system development, enhancements, and maintenance.
• Collaborate closely with users and other IT colleagues, in understanding dependencies and be agile in managing changes.
• Coordinate and conduct user acceptance tests and training.
• Provide system documentation according to the Project Development Methodology.
• Provide technical assistance and day-to-day operational support for existing systems, e.g. the Qlik Sense dashboards.
• Conduct post implementation reviews to gather user feedback and schedule for enhancements and modifications.
• Help to define and establish technical design and development standards.
• Lead in designing, implementing and delivering data literacy programs.
• Form good user relations by cultivating trust and building good rapport with users.
Relevant Degree / Diploma
•At least 2 years of hands-on experience as a Data Scientist. Certification in Data Science an advantage.
•Good knowledge of machine learning skills and techniques in creating and using algorithms and statistical models, e.g. regression, simulation, scenario / what-if analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, and neural networks.
•Proficiency in programming languages like Python and R. Familiarity with Qlik Sense development and administration is a plus.
•Strong data warehousing, dimensional modelling concepts and SQL query skills.
•Good knowledge of software development life cycles and structured project development methodology.
• Excellent business acumen and an eye for detail.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, conflict management and persuasive skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Self-driven with the ability to multi-task and take on concurrent projects.