PSA Corporation - Software Engineer
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join our Agile Product Delivery teams in Singapore. In this role, you’ll work as part of balanced product teams to build, deliver and maintain the next generation of solutions that deliver class-leading capabilities for the world's largest fully- automated container port in Tuas, as well as innovative cargo solutions for the supply chain ecosystem.
We are looking for people passionate about technology and applying the best software engineering practices to solve complex business problems, adopting principles of User-centred Design, Extreme Programming and Lean Product Management. No matter your current level of experience, you will also have opportunities to develop and hone your technical skills and expertise.
Your role will encompass the below :
• Hands-on development of clean, efficient and testable code, usually in a pair programming environment and using agile best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
• Demonstrate empathy to understand business needs to ensure the most important user stories are delivered first
• Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, managers, stakeholders and your cross-functional team to continually raise the bar on quality
• Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• A strong interest in software engineering using agile methodologies
• A growth mindset to learn new skills and appreciate business domain
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
What is highly valued and will be an advantage
• Experience in Agile development teams, employing relevant methodologies and practices (e.g. Extreme Programming, TDD, Pair Programming, CI/CD, Automated Testing)
• Experience in designing, developing and deploying large, scalable production
applications on PaaS solutions such as Cloud Foundry
• Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
• Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
• Familiarity in containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, and Linux operating systems
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.