Are you passionate about closing the digital divide for 30 million people? The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the digital divide. Given the global transformation to a digital economy, it is crucial to close this digital divide among the most vulnerable groups such as youths, at-risk workers, and the currently unemployed.
Since 2019, Sustainable Living Lab has been commissioned to roll out an internationally recognized and validated AI Readiness program into educational and career readiness institutions globally. Our goal is to reach 30 million people by 2030, and as such, we are attempting to build a core team out of Singapore to ramp up the program in Asia (with a focus on East Asia), working with a US MNC giant.
Sustainable Living Lab (SL2) is a social enterprise that co-designs and implements innovation projects with the 3P (Public, Private & People) sector, in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our mission is to create an influential network of Labs across Asia that have the ability to inspire government policy, transform business practices and harness the power of communities.
We were founded a decade ago in Singapore and today have a physical presence in India, Indonesia, and the US as well.
About the Team
This role is based in our Singapore lab and will sit within the Future Skills team, which leads all our digital skilling efforts. Our aim is to close the technology divide of vulnerable communities through skills training and job readiness interventions.
About the Role
You will be working with national agencies in multiple countries to handhold them through the entire process, of customizing existing AI readiness programs to their needs. The work will involve:
- Consulting with end customers to understand the needs and modify the program and content accordingly;
- Localizing content to make it suitable, accessible, and culturally appropriate for learners;
- Training our global partners virtually (may change depending on Covid-19 travel restrictions) to deliver the program effectively and in the right spirit;
- Continuously collecting learner and trainer feedback on learning materials and incorporating that as program improvements;
- Keeping an eye out for adjacent business opportunities to extend our work.
You should have at least 2-5 years of prior working experience and a degree or higher qualification. You should ideally have:
- 2 years of familiarity with Python programming.
- Familiarity with machine learning methods in the context of either computer vision, natural language processing and/or data science. (Evidence of successful completion of online coursework will suffice)
- 1-2 years of experience in delivering in-person training and/or virtual training.
- Familiarity with conducting train-the-trainer sessions.
- Have an outgoing personality who likes meeting new people from all over the world and building rapport with them quickly;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (and Mandarin for China clients);
- Ability to accommodate working hours to suit the needs of international clients who may be in a different time zone. Off-in-lieu will be provided.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Teams online tools.
What is it like working in SL2?
Working in SL2 will definitely give you the opportunity to grow and flourish. Past team members have gone on to pursue further education at top universities around the world, or have made rapid career advances in the innovation sector with the skills they have learned at SL2.
Work is fast-paced, challenging, and demands a hustler mentality. You will often be thrown into the deep end - provided with all the support - as we believe that it’s the best and fastest way to learn. At some level, everyone is expected to cover for each other when the situation calls for it and always be ready to help teammates.
The team that you will work with is dynamic, energetic, and passionate about issues relating to sustainability (environment, social, economic). We feel that it is important for every team member to develop their own well-substantiated point-of-view on the issues that affect our society. Volunteering is a core part of working at SL2 and everyone is expected to participate in at least one of our weekly volunteer programs. All team members are also encouraged to pursue interests outside of SL2 to expand their network.