1. Be part of a Command Centre team to handle Incident and Problem Management
2. Assess and validate major incidents. Manage notifications and escalations as defined in the major incident management process.
3. Manage and coordinate recovery actions and plans for major incidents to resolution.
4. Provide timely and informative updates to management, stakeholders and users until incident closure.
5. Ensure the appropriate level of technical or functional support team is actively engaged.
6. Chair major incident technical bridge call and provide direction if further escalation is required.
7. Ensure that accurate timelines of recovery plans and activities on major incidents are documented.
8. Participate in post incident root cause analysis (RCA) as required and follow up on improvement plans.
9. Understand and track outstanding actions, improvement plans for incidents escalated to Command Centre until closure.
10. Provide monthly incidents trend updates to stakeholders, users and management.
11. Be able to manage incidents on a 24X7 on-call rotational basis (Mon to Mon shift: on call ONLY)
12. Analyse opportunities for automation, implement automation (knowledge of RPA, Python, Excel is a plus)
13. Excellent Team player
14. Work from Home versus Work in Office is 3:2 per week
1. At least 3 years’ experience as an Incident or Problem Manager in an IT Application Operations environment for a financial institution.
2. Knowledge of Trading, Risk, Treasury & Markets applications will be an added advantage.
3. Experience with event monitoring, incident or problem management tools.
4. Familiarity with Programming (Python, VBA etc.) is preferred
5. Understanding and use of Excel is required (use of Pivots, Formulae’s, Reporting, Charting)