Job Title: Android Software Engineer
Department: Product Engineering
Reports To: Client Consultant
Summary of Role
V-Key is one of the world’s leading deep-tech companies in mobile cyber-security. Our patented technology V-OS has been deployed by top banks, mobile payment providers, and governments to secure software solutions and protect more than 100 million users globally.
We are rapidly expanding into new markets and new customer segments. Apart from securing digital transactions for everyone, we are also enabling new generation technology by providing the cyber-security infrastructure for banking, government and smart homes, among many others.
At V-Key, we are building towards a future where technology users can enjoy unprecedented security and convenience.
We are looking for an Android Software Engineer as part of the Engineering Department. Your primary focus will be to develop new product features on Android platform, provide Level 2/Level 3 support at customer site to handle day-to-day issues and implement V-Key solution in their solution designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, maintain, and launch new mobile products and extend platform functionality
• Work collaboratively with product management, governance and your scrum team to design and deliver new and innovative customer solutions
• Act as L2/L3 support and work with customer support team during office hours
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions using Root Cause Analysis for reported issues
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (ie. internal product development, QA, Customer support and Customer Technical team) to resolve incidents and problems
• Review mobile app logs for troubleshooting and provide resolution for the issues reported
• Retrieve logs from the client’s app for troubleshooting and provide resolution for the issues reported
• Deploy updated solution in clients various environment’s before updating in production environment
• Bachelor degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 1-2 years of software development working experience in Android mobile application development
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
• Working experience with Android SDK, NDK and Java. Knowledge in Kotlin and experience in iOS Development would be advantageous
• Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Good knowledge of application design principles, practices design patterns, DevOps and software development life cycles (SDLC)
• A strong self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills