What the role is
The Aviation Industry Division seeks to accelerate the development and transformation of Singapore’s air transport sector, to ensure its continued growth and competitiveness. You will play a role in collecting, organising, synthesising and analysing sector economic and manpower data to glean insights which shape the development of air transport sector transformation strategies.
What you will be working on
This will involve structuring data collection on the sector and its workforce from various sources including government databases, from sector companies and open sources, in particular on areas focusing on sector value-add, productivity and workforce profiles.
You will engage with sector stakeholders and fellow government agencies to tease out insights and data useful in shaping your analysis. These inputs will support the formulation of data-driven decision-making, including approaches and policies under the Industry Transformation Roadmap to support sector growth, improve productivity, and support the development of quality jobs for Singaporeans for the air transport sector.
You will incorporate your insights into various policy papers and presentations to substantiate the policy direction and strategies CAAS is taking in industry transformation. You will work closely with the Manpower Development Team in the division, to track workforce statistics especially with regard to the rebuilding of the air transport workforce to support air travel recovery, and monitor the impact of productivity, job re-design and industry transformation efforts on the workforce.
What we are looking for
· Training in any discipline preferably Business, Economics or other relevant disciplines, with 3-5 years of experience
· Knowledge and experience in data collection and analysis (including strong proficiency in Excel and/or Access), project management, data analytic and visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
· Meticulous, self-motivated and resourceful
· Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate insights and narratives through use of data simply and logically Your appointment will commensurate with the relevance of your work experience.