Your work primarily focuses on driving MCI’s performance management and corporate planning cycle, ensuring that MCI’s strategies are aligned with the strategic outcomes.
In support of that, you will be required to monitor, analyse and research on trends pertaining to MCI’s area of work, particularly, digitalisation and emergence of new technologies, and its impact on the economy and society. You must be able to synthesise salient issues/trends from a body of literature and assess them in MCI’s context and operating environment, in terms of opportunities and risks that can affect Singapore and the strategic positioning of MCI’s domains of work.
You are also required to drive MCI’s corporate planning process. This entails organising our planning processes to review or chart out MCI’s strategic priorities, and providing guidance to MCI’s Management Team, Policy Divisions and Statutory Boards on strategy development and execution, ranging from progress tracking to governance and capability development. You are to identify inter-dependencies and linkages to ensure strategic coherence across the MCI Family and recommend solutions where gaps arise. You will also be expected to present MCI’s perspectives to influence other stakeholders and advance MCI’s objectives.
At the same time, you are required to continually review MCI’s performance in growing the Digital Economy, building an inclusive Digital Society, protecting and securing our digital and information space, and effectiveness of public communications. This may require reviewing or developing Key Performance indicators and tracking indicators to define what success looks like in these domains and measure our performance accordingly.
You might be interested in this job if you are:
- Excited to develop acumen and proficiency in corporate planning skillsets
- Keen to understand the impact of digitalisation and digital technologies on the economy and society and play a part in shaping strategies that will allow us to seize the opportunities present in the digital domain, while mitigating the risks.
- Inspired by an open, innovative and collaborative team culture, driven by agile processes.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing metrics, processes, tools and intervention measures to drive achievement of MCI’s strategies and priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in applying tools and methodologies to gather and analyse data in order to communicate MCI’s work, generate insights that inform decision making, etc.
- Ability to establish and manage strategic internal and external relationships with partners and stakeholders to add value and achieve MCI’s goals
- Strong systems thinking and understanding of government policy considerations, with the ability to apply these when assessing internal proposals, making recommendations and communicating MCI’s plans and proposals to stakeholders
- Passionate about technology and keenly aware of emerging digital technological trends (e.g. AI, cybersecurity, blockchain) and its impact on the economy and society
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills, as well as resilience and determination to complete tasks and achieve results.
- Ability to apply data analytics and visualisation techniques to derive robust and actionable insights that support decision-making