Role: Product Sales Consultant : SAAS
Reports to: CEO & COO
Team: ‘Guardians’ of Sparkline
We are a boutique digital analytics company that consults with Fortune 500 businesses, our mantra is to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our Client’s business. We help big businesses use data to understand their customer’s behaviour, derive insights to optimize online experiences and drive profitability from their digital channels.
We are flat in structure, lean in size and yet mighty in our goals and achievements! We often refer to ourselves as the ‘Independent to beat’ within our Industry, we are immensely proud of who we are….who we all are.
We hire people who are passionate, ready to roll up their sleeves and move at lightning pace to get the job done, to fail fast yet learn faster and to accelerate the growth of our clients and our business and its people.
OUR DNA & OUR CULTURE!
For data/digital and the value it brings to both consumers and businesses.
To become a value based partner (not vendor), and deliver above and beyond customer expectations.
To fail fast, with integrity, good intent and transparency
Explore the possibilities and the opportunities for the information you are given. Ask business questions, be hungry for the information that delivers value to Sparkline customers and helps to grow their businesses.
To see beyond the answer and understand ways in which businesses can use insights in a variety of ways to reach potential customers more effectively.
Charles Darwin said; ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those that can best manage change’.
Our SAAS Consultant role is a new one for our team, a greenfield role which provides the opportunity to scale up a new business unit and will focus on impacting our client’s businesses through demonstrating the impact and value of advanced analytics solutions. Owning the commercial development of our Product business line, you will be empowered to identify, qualify and lead client engagements. To enable this you will be a customer-facing, solutions-oriented consultant who has likely worked in Technical Pre-sales roles previously.
This role will fit someone who has the drive and industry acumen to identify key customers who would benefit from the in-house solutions being built by the Sparkline Development and Engineering teams. You will have the benefit of having existing portfolios of clients from our vast list of Fortune 500 businesses that we work with to begin consulting with from Day 1, from then on the world is your oyster and the sky really is the limit. Getting under the hood of their current solution stack and understanding where, if at all, Sparkline Suite of tools can drive real impact and efficiency.
This role is integral to the next stage of our Go to Market plan and strategy for our Product Solutions business, the opportunity to drive growth is huge!
Sounds like an exciting opportunity right? It is, for the right person, you will need to be someone who is driven by the solutions that SAAS tools and technology can deliver to a business. You will be someone who is passionate about automating, simplifying and driving efficiency across a business, particularly where data is concerned.
You will be commercially aware, thriving on consulting with clients, understanding their need and business problem and ready to ideate and build solutions with the development and engineering team back at the ranch! You work well with others, have the ability to motivate and foster their curiosity and ideas in this space. You have a solid understanding of how Software as a Service can be embedded within a business and be comfortable with building and maintaining relationships at an enterprise level for the best opportunity to achieve scalability. You will be passionate about the efficacy of SAAS tools and the automation and efficiency this can drive across a diverse business portfolio.
YOU WILL BRING:
● At least 5 years experience in a similar field, with a focus on developing commercial business opportunities through the sales of Digital Solutions and Software Services
● Ability to develop value assessed and based client engagements based on the needs of the client
● Have a keen understanding of the developing technology in the Data and Analytics space, with a strong grasp of the growing trends and needs
● Proven track record in meeting sales targets through dedicated business development activities and against key performance metrics set by the Consulting team
● Strong communications skills, ability to deliver technical pitches and demos while nurturing the strategic engagement with internal and external stakeholders
● Capability and commercial drive to build and develop a pipeline of opportunities while playing an active role in the Regional Key account planning ensuring to weave in as many product based sales conversations as relevant
● Experience in working with Development and Engineering teams previously while remaining as the key conduit between these delivery teams and the end client to manage requirements effectively
● Prior exposure to Advanced Analytics tools, with a commercial role focusing on the go to market launch and scaling of industry relevant data/analytics/digital solutions
● Particular SAS tools of interest/relevance would be Google, AWS, Salesforce, Adobe to name a few
● Prior client facing experience with ability to ideate, collaborate and solutionize with internal team and external stakeholders is a must, previous experience within a consultancy would be a distinct advantage
● A ‘can do’ work ethic and enthusiasm for continuous learning in the digital space and the ability to filter this through our team where possible