As part of the Corporate Advisory team, you will work closely with Partners, Directors and Managers and have the opportunity to be a vital member in executing projects across different work streams of advisory services. You are expected to be:
- Able to plan, write and prepare comprehensive business reports and research papers.
- Able to interact and make presentations to directors and senior management.
- Able to lead and/or support a myriad of Corporate Advisory engagements.
- Able to support any business development initiatives covering the preparation of proposals.
- Able to liaise and coordinate with various professionals such as investment bankers, solicitors and auditors.
The successful candidate will be assigned with one or more of the below responsibilities amongst others:
- Business Advisory and Grooming: Developing business plans, feasibility studies and advising clients in raising, investing, optimising and preserving capital. This includes but not limited to strategic business planning, succession planning and corporate governance, corporate group restructuring and pre-IPO diagnostic review.
- Buy-side and Sell-side Advisory: Advising public and private companies in their acquisition or divestment initiatives by providing support in deal evaluation, deal structuring and negotiation and transaction completion matters.
- Transaction Due Diligence: Analyse historical financial data and identify operational and key business trends, including identification of key risks and potential deal breaker issues, assessment of quality of earnings and working capital impacting valuation of the target company.
- Business Valuation and Modelling: Undertaking valuation and business modelling for mergers and acquisitions, strategic decisions and project finance. Help growing businesses assess and enhance their valuation.
- Degree in Finance or Accountancy; professional accounting qualifications or finance-related discipline.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in related field. Candidates with more experience will be considered for a more senior position.
- Technically robust, energetic and culturally adaptable.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills with good business acumen and the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Well versed with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Ability to liaise with Chinese-speaking clients an advantage.
- Able to work well independently and under pressure with attention to detail.
- Good team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to think outside the box and quickly learn new ideas independently.