Based in Singapore, the Senior Backend Engineer is responsible in designing, developing, and maintaining the cloud application stack for Screening Eagle and Proceq tools – ensuring resilience and robustness of the services.
We are on a mission to protect the built world with software, sensors and data. We hire talented problem solvers with bold ambition who share our passion for inspection technology to sustain mission-critical assets and infrastructure for future generations. Our culture is creative, innovative and inclusive. We are a fast-paced, product-driven, growth company headquartered in Switzerland with our Singapore and Malaga technology hub and a global mindset looking to lead a digital revolution in inspection.
What will you do
- Take ownership of the backend tasks and work closely with the development teams;
- Strategic choice of data structure and algorithms to design and implement the business logic;
- Develop, test, document and deploy web APIs, batch jobs, webhooks, or integrations based on the business requirements;
- Heavy emphasis on code testing and designing for testability
- Continuously document design decisions;
- Adopt best devops/tech-ops practices and make continuous automated testing, releases and deployments;
- Offer mentorship to junior developers in the team.
- Deep technical understanding of scalability, resilience, high availability and the corresponding architecture, technologies and designs
- Experience with devops/techops, like Jenkins gitlab CI/CD, Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience in Containerization and Orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills • Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies continuously
- Embrace the open source community
What do we expect
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent practical experiences
- Possess strong programming skills, solid data structure and algorithm fundamentals
- Possess strong system design and architecting skills with distributed systems
- At least 2 years’ experience with AWS/GCP services and related cloud technologies
- At least 4 years of practical backend development for real-world products in any language/framework, preferably in Go.
- Experience in SQL databases, writing schemas and designing high performance queries
- Experience in in-memory key-value database like Redis