Get to know us – TreeDots
TreeDots is Asia's first vertically integrated food supply chain ecosystem. Its marketplace for surplus and imperfect food supplies tackles the colossal issue of food loss, particularly perfectly edible food that is discarded. The company’s technology helps redistribute unsold inventories from suppliers to businesses like restaurants and cafes, allowing them to source for affordable food supplies. TreeDots also furnishes suppliers with logistics service. The vertically integrated ecosystem serves to allow upstream suppliers to focus their efforts on what they are specialised in – food processing and manufacturing.
With the mission to be a catalyst for a modern-day food supply chain in the region, TreeDots hopes to save 2 million tonnes of food that would have been wasted. The company is also aiming to reduce carbon emissions by 18 million tonnes by 2025.
The role – Special Projects Manager
We are seeking a servant leader to work alongside one of the co-founders in propelling TreeDots’ business across the region. The role has you work closely with the founders’ office department (aka founders’ S.W.A.T. team) i.e. at least one founder, some from the founders’ office team and members of the senior leadership team. You will be key in strategizing and more importantly, executing these plans. Examples of such projections include process and business transformation, GTM playbook execution with localization, new business launch, business restructuring (cost cutting, repositioning, turnaround), and M&A. This role has regional and strategy exposure due to our regional business model. This role can be interpreted as a senior management position in the firm.
Key Responsibilities • Assist in driving and executing the firm’s vision and strategy. • Lead or partner on special projects driven by a founder and/or senior managers across all areas of the company. • Manage, plan, and facilitate senior leadership meetings and offsites, formulating the topics to cover, build and advise agendas, guiding the discussion, bringing together notes and action items, and following up. • Proactively identify gaps and inefficiencies across the business and provide solutions/recommendations. • Research ideas generated in conversations with a founder and/or senior managers and crystallize them into presentations for senior leadership. • Help distil strategic discussions into executable plans, enabling rigorous discussions while providing the connection points between strategic ideas. • Oversee key communications and reporting across all levels of the organization to drive impactful internal and external messaging and content.
• Support a founder and/or senior managers in organizing inspiring and informative All-Hands meetings to share important business information and boost team morale. • Build relationships across the organization to help move ideas forward, and fully understand the health of the business and our people. • Work closely with a founder and/or senior managers to prioritize, focus and prepare for internal and external meetings. • Provide a sounding board to a founder and/or senior managers on matters of strategy, execution, operations, and structure. • Anticipate the needs of the founders, senior managers and organization, enabling the leadership team to operate more effectively and efficiently.
• Strong ownership – Previous P&L responsibilities
• Data-driven and analytical – you dislike uninformed assumptions and strive to track every single action to allow continuous improvement
• Problem solver – Proven record of successful execution; you have proven successfully launching projects and / or businesses in the country assigned and you enjoy the exposure in managing complex operations
• Experience in building a team from scratch
• Ability to communicate (business level) in one or more local language(s)
• Operational experience preferred
• Travel is required
Traits that will help you excel in this role
• Rain maker ability – Make things happen is your motto and you the aptitude to hack your way in a B2B startup environment
• Code switching – Building rapport with both personas often found in our industry and white collared MNC-type of persons
• Servant leadership – Key to leading personas often found in our industry
• Team player – Thirst to listen and learn from your peers, ability to disagree and commit, to remain candid and open-minded, humility is key
• Strong integrity – Patient and execution-driven, you believe in consistency and sustainability, you are in for the long game
• High autonomy – Energetic and comfortable in new environments, disciplined and go-getter
• Ambitious yet realistic – Resonate with founders’ and our investors’ goals
Note: the role may require travelling at times while the Singapore office is the office assigned to this role. Any ad hoc assignment as assigned including deployment across the company’s subsidiaries to support Group level functions