What the role is
The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) is the training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. It drives capability development for the Singapore air hub and provides capacity building for the international community. To ensure SAA’s continued relevance and to establish it as a centre of excellence for aviation knowledge, the SAA is undergoing a transformation of andragogy and learning spaces.
Reporting to the Director of SAA, you will work closely with Senior Management to drive strategic projects to bring SAA’s capabilities and standing to the next level, and ensure alignment between the projects and SAA’s vision.
What you will be working on
You will also be responsible for analysing the aviation training landscape and identifying opportunities to differentiate SAA from other aviation academies. This includes establishing new niche areas in training, building research capabilities and setting up think tank, and establishing strategic partnerships with aviation companies and Institutes of Higher Learning.
You will also drive the sustainable growth of the academy, including its financial sustainability and integration with the community. Together with the facilities management team, you will seek out and propose opportunities to optimise the utilisation of assets, and to use the space for events and community outreach activities. You will also work closely with Finance Division to benchmark course offerings and pricing, and explore alternative streams of revenue that are compatible with the positioning of SAA.
What we are looking for
• Proven track records in driving transformation and strategic projects in an organisation / academy / institution of higher learning, or similar capacity;
• Technical knowledge in civil aviation management would be an added advantage;
• Versatile self-starter with strong leadership qualities, particularly in developing a high performing and engagement culture, and cross-functional management skills;
• Strong strategic mindset, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
Note: Your appointment designation will commensurate with your relevant work experience. Successful candidates will be offered a 3-year contract in the first instance, and may be considered for placement on a permanent tenure or subsequent contract renewal.